Hot Topics: New Evidence-informed Practice in English TeachingProfessional learning for teachers
Hot Topics Mid Year Update: Wednesday 25th May
Hot Topics End-of-year Update: Thursday 10th November
5 – 5:45pm, AEST
Cost: $30 p/p
About this Course
Would you like to hear about the latest research into English education and what it means for your classroom, faculty and school?
Deakin University, in partnership with the Victorian Association for the Teaching of English (VATE), is running two stand-alone online professional learning Hot Topics seminars in 2022. These seminars, led by expert researcher in the field, Dr Lucinda McKnight, will provide an extensive and engaging overview of the most urgent, interesting and impactful research in English.
Why you should come:
- access findings that are often behind journal paywalls, in a fast-paced and highly relevant format.
- gain multiple practical ideas for how this research can be translated into classroom practice
- share the implications of this research for your own context.
- devise ways to adapt, transform or be inspired by new findings.
- enjoy opportunities for professional discussion, debate and networking.
- demonstrate your commitment to evidence-informed practice.
What you need to know:
- the seminars will be recorded for participants’ access afterwards, and for those who are unable to attend in person.
- different research will be covered in each session.
- the fee for each session is for cost recovery only.
- book for one or both sessions.
Aligned with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.1, 5.1, 5.2, 7.4
- Hot Topics Mid Year Update: Wednesday 25th May, 5pm – 5.45pm
- Hot Topics End of Year Update: Thursday 10th November, 5pm – 5.45pm
Cost: $30 p/p per session
To register for the programs, visit our registration page
Dr Lucinda McKnight
Dr Lucinda McKnight is a current Australian Research Council (ARC) Fellow undertaking a national study of the teaching of writing. She is an experienced English teacher and English teacher educator and current member of the Council for the Victorian Association for the Teaching of English (VATE). Lucinda presents locally, nationally and internationally on English education and publishes in a wide range of academic journals, including English in Australia, English in Education and Changing English: Studies in Culture and Education